A Pompous Emperor (Ahasuerus/ Xerxes)
- He ruled over 127 provinces (India to Ethiopia).
- He partied for 6 months.
- He thought the sun spoke through him
- He collected women
A Precious Princess
- She was a beauty
- She pleased the king
- She was a Jew, raised by her cousin Mordecai
A People in Peril
- Mordecai discovers a plot against the king and saves him 2:19-23
- Mordecai refused to bow to Haman the Agagite (3:1-6)
- Haman plots to destroy the Jews (3:8-11)
A Providential Deliverance (4-8)
- God uses Esther and Mordecai to deliver his People.
- Haman, who picked an honor for himself and
built a gallows for Mordecai, ends up honoring Mordecai and hanging on his own gallows.