Sermon Title: Sentimental Feelings or Sacrificial Actions? What Does Love Really Mean Anyway?
Sermon Text: 1 John 3:14-18 (NIV)
Proposition: Let’s lay down our lives: Love Christians with actions
- A MARK OF ETERNAL LIFE: LOVING OTHER CHRISTIANS (vv.14-15)
Implication: We should recognize that loving fellow Christians is our Christian duty.
- THE MODEL OF GOD’S LOVE: JESUS CHRIST’S DEATH (vv.16-18)
Application: We should lovingly provide for the physical needs of our spiritual family.
Implication: The command to love fellow believers through actions implies not only close proximity to fellow Christians, but also deep connection with fellow Christians.
Application: We should build close relationships with a few Christians in order to provide them and ourselves with spiritual-relational love.
- Group Context: Church Small groups; Home/Life groups; Men’s/Women’s groups
- Interpersonal Context: Prayer partnerships and Accountability relationships, etc.
- Cross-cultural Context: Nurture relationships with Christians who are racially, ethnically & culturally different from us.