The Setting of the Book of Zephaniah
Josiah’s Reforms in Judah… (2 Kings 22, 23)
An Outline of the Book of Zephaniah
- Judgment is coming on Judah – God’s People (Ch.1)
- Repent before the Lord’s coming (2:1-3)
- Judgment is coming on the nations (2:4-15)
- Judgment is coming on Jerusalem (3:1-7)
- A Glorious future is coming (3:8-20)
Lessons to Apply from Habakkuk
- We must not forget who we are as God’s People.
- We must not forget that God is Sovereign and
active in History.
3. We must not forget that the day is coming
when God will vindicate and gather and
transform and rejoice over His people.